Promote tolerance, repulse extremism: Zardari
Islamabad: Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf have called on the people to reject "extremist trends" and "negative propaganda of misguided elements" and promote the Islamic teaching of tolerance.
Zardari, in his message to the nation on Eid-ul-Fitr, said a society developed on such lines would be helpful in resolving the issues of extremism and violence, the Associated Press of Pakistan reported Monday.
People need to shun hatred, animosity, greed and malice, and instead promote love and affinity, tolerance, generosity and endurance, Zardari said.
He said recent incidents of firing by militants on passenger buses, and other acts of sectarian violence were completely against the teachings of Islam.
Zardari said the terrorist attack in Kamra in Punjab province was foiled by the courage and valour of the country`s armed forces.
Prime Minister Ashraf also urged the nation to work towards making Pakistan "a hub of peace" by refraining from anti-social activities.
"Eid-ul-Fitr is a day of peace, tranquility and harmony. Let us resolve to dedicate ourselves to spend our energies and resources for the welfare of humanity in accordance with Islamic teachings," Ashraf said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon