Property worth millions of rupees gutted in fire in Nepal
Kathmandu: Property worth millions Nepalese rupees was gutted when a massive fire broke out in an industrial unit`s warehouse in the western part of Kathmandu, police said today.
The warehouse of Chaudhary Group of Industries at Satungal caught fire yesterday due to short-circuit, Ajaya Chhatkule, Deputy Superintendent of Police, said.
No causality was reported in the incident, police said.
Though exact figures of the loss were yet to be confirmed by the management, General manager of the warehouse Ramesh Shrestha claimed property worth Rs 3 billion was gutted.
The warehouse was used to store CG brands of electronic goods and home appliances.
Items including mobile phones, TV sets, DVDs, washing machines, vacuum cleaners and refrigerators of brands like LG, Toshiba, Godrej, Rico and TCL, were stored in the warehouse.
Around a dozen fire brigades and more than 150 personnel of the Armed Police Force, the paramilitary troupes, and equal number of personnel from Nepal Police were deployed to douse the fire.
Since the warehouse lies close to a residential area in the rear, houses lying within a 100-metre periphery were evacuated.
Meanwhile, police have arrested some 20 people for stealing mobile phone sets and other electronic goods from the warehouse while others were busy controlling the fire.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram