Property worth millions of rupees gutted in fire in Nepal
Kathmandu: Property worth millions Nepalese rupees was gutted when a massive fire broke out in an industrial unit`s warehouse in the western part of Kathmandu, police said today.
The warehouse of Chaudhary Group of Industries at Satungal caught fire yesterday due to short-circuit, Ajaya Chhatkule, Deputy Superintendent of Police, said.
No causality was reported in the incident, police said.
Though exact figures of the loss were yet to be confirmed by the management, General manager of the warehouse Ramesh Shrestha claimed property worth Rs 3 billion was gutted.
The warehouse was used to store CG brands of electronic goods and home appliances.
Items including mobile phones, TV sets, DVDs, washing machines, vacuum cleaners and refrigerators of brands like LG, Toshiba, Godrej, Rico and TCL, were stored in the warehouse.
Around a dozen fire brigades and more than 150 personnel of the Armed Police Force, the paramilitary troupes, and equal number of personnel from Nepal Police were deployed to douse the fire.
Since the warehouse lies close to a residential area in the rear, houses lying within a 100-metre periphery were evacuated.
Meanwhile, police have arrested some 20 people for stealing mobile phone sets and other electronic goods from the warehouse while others were busy controlling the fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen