Prophet Muhammad ordered Rawalpindi mosque blast: Pak Taliban
Rawalpindi: The Tehreeke-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) has taken responsibility for Friday’s ghastly suicide attack on the Parade Lane mosque, saying the mosque was “demolished on the orders of Prophet Muhammad”.
TTP chief Waliur Rehman Mehsud told the BBC that the prime target in the attack were military officers, and warned about more such attacks on Army personnel in the near future.
“Our militants attacked the military officers (our primary target) and we will continue to attack the Army. The civilians killed in the attack were relatives of Army personnel and their deaths did not matter,” Mehsud said.
At least 39 people were killed and 45 others injured in the suicide attack carried out by three attackers.
According to media reports, two-star generals were among the people killed in the attack.
The Dawn reported that a colonel also died in the attack while several senior military officers, including a former vice army chief, retired general Mohammad Yousuf, were among the injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune