Prophet Muhammad ordered Rawalpindi mosque blast: Pak Taliban
Rawalpindi: The Tehreeke-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) has taken responsibility for Friday’s ghastly suicide attack on the Parade Lane mosque, saying the mosque was “demolished on the orders of Prophet Muhammad”.
TTP chief Waliur Rehman Mehsud told the BBC that the prime target in the attack were military officers, and warned about more such attacks on Army personnel in the near future.
“Our militants attacked the military officers (our primary target) and we will continue to attack the Army. The civilians killed in the attack were relatives of Army personnel and their deaths did not matter,” Mehsud said.
At least 39 people were killed and 45 others injured in the suicide attack carried out by three attackers.
According to media reports, two-star generals were among the people killed in the attack.
The Dawn reported that a colonel also died in the attack while several senior military officers, including a former vice army chief, retired general Mohammad Yousuf, were among the injured.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!