Protests outside US Embassy in Sri Lanka
Colombo: A demonstration was held outside the US Embassy in Sri Lanka Thursday against the US sponsored resolution scheduled to be discussed at the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva.
The demonstrators raised objections to the resolution and demanded that the US government stay out of Sri Lankan affairs, reported Xinhua.
The US has tabled the final version of the resolution on Sri Lanka at the 22nd session of the UN Human Rights Council meeting in Geneva.
The resolution was tabled by US Ambassador Eileen Chamberlain Donahoe, with co-sponsors including Austria, Canada, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Norway and Britain.
The Sri Lankan government has decided to reject the final draft of the US resolution and will seek a vote among members of the UN Human Rights Council (UNHRC).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’