Provincial judge shot dead in western Afghanistan
Kabul: A provincial judge was shot dead by two gunmen on Tuesday in western Afghanistan`s Herat province, said police.
"Sayed Ahmad Khaliqi was killed near his residence by two gunmen riding a motorcycle. The incident happened in Baba Hajji neighborhood of the provincial capital Herat city, 640 km west of national capital Kabul, around midday," head of provincial criminal investigation department Israheel Khan told Xinhua.
Khaliqi was serving in the provincial special corruption court, he said, adding a manhunt was under way to capture the attackers.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown