Provincial judge shot dead in western Afghanistan
Kabul: A provincial judge was shot dead by two gunmen on Tuesday in western Afghanistan`s Herat province, said police.
"Sayed Ahmad Khaliqi was killed near his residence by two gunmen riding a motorcycle. The incident happened in Baba Hajji neighborhood of the provincial capital Herat city, 640 km west of national capital Kabul, around midday," head of provincial criminal investigation department Israheel Khan told Xinhua.
Khaliqi was serving in the provincial special corruption court, he said, adding a manhunt was under way to capture the attackers.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- B-schools not doing enough to bridge skills gap: Survey
- BMW recalls 120,000 cars over Takata air bags
- Nine-time champion Rafael Nadal pulls out of French Open with wrist injury
- Politicians must restrain from making comments on 2nd term of Rajan: Assocham
- India's forex reserves down $121.3 mn to $360.90 bn