Punjabi Taliban plotting to attack Karachi
Karachi: The Crisis Management Cell of the Interior Ministry has sent a letter to the Sindh government, revealing that the Punjabi Taliban were planning to attack Karachi’s central jail and other vital installations.
The information was given to the Interior Ministry by confidential sources.
The militants also planned on abducting foreigners and other important personalities in the first phase of the attacks, reports The Express Tribune.
According to sources, the Punjabi Taliban were planning these attacks in order to get arrested members released.
The letter also stated that the Punjabi Taliban’s mastermind, Aslam, along with his accomplices had reached Karachi to carry out the attacks, while a militant named, Faragh, was said to have been already present in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal