Punjabi Taliban plotting to attack Karachi
Karachi: The Crisis Management Cell of the Interior Ministry has sent a letter to the Sindh government, revealing that the Punjabi Taliban were planning to attack Karachi’s central jail and other vital installations.
The information was given to the Interior Ministry by confidential sources.
The militants also planned on abducting foreigners and other important personalities in the first phase of the attacks, reports The Express Tribune.
According to sources, the Punjabi Taliban were planning these attacks in order to get arrested members released.
The letter also stated that the Punjabi Taliban’s mastermind, Aslam, along with his accomplices had reached Karachi to carry out the attacks, while a militant named, Faragh, was said to have been already present in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!