Punjabi Taliban plotting to attack Karachi
Karachi: The Crisis Management Cell of the Interior Ministry has sent a letter to the Sindh government, revealing that the Punjabi Taliban were planning to attack Karachi’s central jail and other vital installations.
The information was given to the Interior Ministry by confidential sources.
The militants also planned on abducting foreigners and other important personalities in the first phase of the attacks, reports The Express Tribune.
According to sources, the Punjabi Taliban were planning these attacks in order to get arrested members released.
The letter also stated that the Punjabi Taliban’s mastermind, Aslam, along with his accomplices had reached Karachi to carry out the attacks, while a militant named, Faragh, was said to have been already present in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!