Putin condoles Bangladesh factory tragedy
Moscow: Russian President Vladimir Putin Sunday expressed his condolences to his Bangladeshi counterpart Zillur Rahman and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina over a fire at a clothes factory that claimed the lives of over 100 people.
The fire broke out in a building operated by Tazreen Fashions on the outskirts of the capital Dhaka late Saturday.
"The head of state (Putin) asked to convey the words of deep compassion for the victims` relatives and wished the quickest recovery for those injured in the incident," the Kremlin press office said Sunday.
Bangladesh`s clothes industry, the second largest exporter of garments after China, has a poor fire safety record, with several deadly fires occurring every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- ICSI Executive Programme Examination Result June 2016 to be declared shortly; check icsi.edu, ICSI CS Result 2016
- Risks are essential, but overrated: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Preggers Mira Rajput admitted to hospital; hubby Shahid Kapoor's parents hurry to meet bahu!
- 'Spit remark' on PV Sindhu's achievements: Director says fans didn't get his satire, gets TROLLED again
- 2016 Hyundai Elantra: Check out features and specifications