Putin condoles Bangladesh factory tragedy
Moscow: Russian President Vladimir Putin Sunday expressed his condolences to his Bangladeshi counterpart Zillur Rahman and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina over a fire at a clothes factory that claimed the lives of over 100 people.
The fire broke out in a building operated by Tazreen Fashions on the outskirts of the capital Dhaka late Saturday.
"The head of state (Putin) asked to convey the words of deep compassion for the victims` relatives and wished the quickest recovery for those injured in the incident," the Kremlin press office said Sunday.
Bangladesh`s clothes industry, the second largest exporter of garments after China, has a poor fire safety record, with several deadly fires occurring every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price