Qadri killed Taseer in his own capacity: Report
Islamabad: The investigation into the Salman Taseer assassination case has been completed and it has been confirmed that Malik Mumtaz Hussain Qadri had killed the then Punjab Governor in his own capacity, Deputy Inspector General (DIG) Bani Ameen has said.
Ameen was head of the team tasked to investigate the assassination of liberal politician Taseer, who was shot dead by Qadri, one of his own elite security force protectors, the Daily Times reports.
Qadri had opened fire on him last month because of the governor’s support for the release of Pakistani-Christian woman Asia Bibi, who has been sentenced to death on blasphemy charges.
Ameen also said that the security of the VIPs who visited the federal capital had been enhanced, and expressed the hope that such kinds of incidents would not take place in future.
It is noteworthy that the Interior Ministry has instructed the capital police to enhance the security for VIPs to avert untoward incidents like Taseer’s assassination.
The federal capital police have decided to ensure security clearance of the officials to be deputed as guards with any VIP. The ICT police have also decided to depute additional force with VIPs visiting the federal capital, regardless of their visits being official or private.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack