Qadri killed Taseer in his own capacity: Report
Islamabad: The investigation into the Salman Taseer assassination case has been completed and it has been confirmed that Malik Mumtaz Hussain Qadri had killed the then Punjab Governor in his own capacity, Deputy Inspector General (DIG) Bani Ameen has said.
Ameen was head of the team tasked to investigate the assassination of liberal politician Taseer, who was shot dead by Qadri, one of his own elite security force protectors, the Daily Times reports.
Qadri had opened fire on him last month because of the governor’s support for the release of Pakistani-Christian woman Asia Bibi, who has been sentenced to death on blasphemy charges.
Ameen also said that the security of the VIPs who visited the federal capital had been enhanced, and expressed the hope that such kinds of incidents would not take place in future.
It is noteworthy that the Interior Ministry has instructed the capital police to enhance the security for VIPs to avert untoward incidents like Taseer’s assassination.
The federal capital police have decided to ensure security clearance of the officials to be deputed as guards with any VIP. The ICT police have also decided to depute additional force with VIPs visiting the federal capital, regardless of their visits being official or private.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog