Qadri killed Taseer in his own capacity: Report
Islamabad: The investigation into the Salman Taseer assassination case has been completed and it has been confirmed that Malik Mumtaz Hussain Qadri had killed the then Punjab Governor in his own capacity, Deputy Inspector General (DIG) Bani Ameen has said.
Ameen was head of the team tasked to investigate the assassination of liberal politician Taseer, who was shot dead by Qadri, one of his own elite security force protectors, the Daily Times reports.
Qadri had opened fire on him last month because of the governor’s support for the release of Pakistani-Christian woman Asia Bibi, who has been sentenced to death on blasphemy charges.
Ameen also said that the security of the VIPs who visited the federal capital had been enhanced, and expressed the hope that such kinds of incidents would not take place in future.
It is noteworthy that the Interior Ministry has instructed the capital police to enhance the security for VIPs to avert untoward incidents like Taseer’s assassination.
The federal capital police have decided to ensure security clearance of the officials to be deputed as guards with any VIP. The ICT police have also decided to depute additional force with VIPs visiting the federal capital, regardless of their visits being official or private.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding