Quake hits Afghanistan; tremors felt in J&K
New Delhi/Srinagar: An earthquake measuring 4.9 on Richter scale hit Afghanistan on Saturday.
According to the US Geological Survey, the epicentre of the quake was located in the Hindu Kush region at a depth of 221.2 kilometres.
The tremors were also felt in India’s Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris
- Iraq PM announces start of operation to retake Fallujah
- Amnesty warns Yemen civilians face cluster bombs `minefields`
- KTM 1290 Super Duke R based Husqvarna 1301 spotted testing
- 17 girls dead in fire at school dormitory in Thailand