Quake hits Philippine island: USGS
Hong Kong: An earthquake measuring 6.2 on the Richter scale struck Saturday near the Philippines` Mindanao island, the US Geological Survey (USGS) said.
The temblor, which occurred at 15.25 GMT, hit 149 km south of Davao city, CNN reported.
There was no immediate report of damage to property or injuries to anyone. Also, no tsunami warning was issued.
Mindanao is the second largest and easternmost island in the Philippines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan