Quake hits Philippine island: USGS
Hong Kong: An earthquake measuring 6.2 on the Richter scale struck Saturday near the Philippines` Mindanao island, the US Geological Survey (USGS) said.
The temblor, which occurred at 15.25 GMT, hit 149 km south of Davao city, CNN reported.
There was no immediate report of damage to property or injuries to anyone. Also, no tsunami warning was issued.
Mindanao is the second largest and easternmost island in the Philippines.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!