Quake hits Philippine island: USGS
Hong Kong: An earthquake measuring 6.2 on the Richter scale struck Saturday near the Philippines` Mindanao island, the US Geological Survey (USGS) said.
The temblor, which occurred at 15.25 GMT, hit 149 km south of Davao city, CNN reported.
There was no immediate report of damage to property or injuries to anyone. Also, no tsunami warning was issued.
Mindanao is the second largest and easternmost island in the Philippines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?