Quake hits Philippine island: USGS
Hong Kong: An earthquake measuring 6.2 on the Richter scale struck Saturday near the Philippines` Mindanao island, the US Geological Survey (USGS) said.
The temblor, which occurred at 15.25 GMT, hit 149 km south of Davao city, CNN reported.
There was no immediate report of damage to property or injuries to anyone. Also, no tsunami warning was issued.
Mindanao is the second largest and easternmost island in the Philippines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof