Quake hits Philippine island: USGS
Hong Kong: An earthquake measuring 6.2 on the Richter scale struck Saturday near the Philippines` Mindanao island, the US Geological Survey (USGS) said.
The temblor, which occurred at 15.25 GMT, hit 149 km south of Davao city, CNN reported.
There was no immediate report of damage to property or injuries to anyone. Also, no tsunami warning was issued.
Mindanao is the second largest and easternmost island in the Philippines.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'