Quake measuring 6.2 rocks Islamabad, upper parts of Pak
Islamabad: Parts of northern Pakistan , including the capital city Islamabad, was rocked by a moderate earthquake measuring 6.2 on the Richter scale early Sunday morning.
Tremors were felt in Lower Dir, Swat, Bunir, Hangu, Malakand, Shangla, Nowshera, Mansehra, Balakot, Attock, Peshawar and Momhand Agency, The News reports.
Meteorological officials said that the epicentre of the quake was somewhere in the Hindu Kush mountain range in Afghanistan.
Panic prevailed in people across the region after the tremor.
No loss of life and property was reported till reports were last filed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM