Rain kills 46 in Pakistan
Islamabad: At least 46 people, including seven children, have been killed as late monsoon rains wreaked havoc in Pakistan, Geo News reported on Monday.
Many victims died due to electrocution and in house collapses in Punjab and Sindh provinces.
A 12-year-old boy was killed when lightning struck in Rahim Yar Khan while two people were electrocuted in Multan.
Geo News said incidents of roof or wall collapse killed a child in Shujabad, a man in Nishatabad, two children in Lodhran, a mother and a daughter in Sargodha, two children in Muzaffargarh, and four people including a woman and a child in Dera Ghazi Khan.
In Mian Chunnu, two people were killed and 10 injured, while a husband-wife couple were killed in Gawalmandi area of Lahore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes