Rain, snowfall kills 33 in Pakistan
Islamabad: Thirty-three people have been killed in Pakistan`s northwest area following incessant rains coupled with snowfall.
Among the 33 dead Tuesday, 25 of them were in Khyber Pakhunkhwa. As many as 40 people were injured across the northwestern region, reported Geo TV.
Heavy rain has been lashing most parts of the country for two days.
In some hilly areas, people took refuge in mosques.
Seven people were killed in Jaswant Singh area after roofs of several homes caved in. One person was killed and three injured after the roof of a hotel collapsed in Pindi Bhattian.
Two girls were killed while their parents and two brothers were injured when the roof of their home collapsed at Pakha Ghulam village in Peshawar.
A child was killed and four people were injured in Yousafabad in Peshawar when the roof of a house collapsed.
In Haripur area, six members of a family were swept away by gushing water in a seasonal stream.
There were several other reports of people being killed during the rain and snow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj