Rajapaksa meets UAE envoy
Abu Dhabi: Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa met United Arab Emirates (UAE) Ambassador Mahmoud Mohammed Mahmoud Monday on the occasion of the envoy`s end of tenure in the island nation.
During their meet in Colombo, Rajapaksa expressed his gratitude to the UAE for its humanitarian efforts in his country and said they played a great role in enhancing bilateral relations between UAE and Sri Lanka.
The ambassador also thanked the people and the government of Sri Lanka for their cooperation, which helped him to carry out his diplomatic duties.
The UAE`s envoy also met with the Sri Lankan Foreign Minister GL Peiris and discussed a number of issues of common concern with him on this occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui