Rajapaksa meets UAE envoy
Abu Dhabi: Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa met United Arab Emirates (UAE) Ambassador Mahmoud Mohammed Mahmoud Monday on the occasion of the envoy`s end of tenure in the island nation.
During their meet in Colombo, Rajapaksa expressed his gratitude to the UAE for its humanitarian efforts in his country and said they played a great role in enhancing bilateral relations between UAE and Sri Lanka.
The ambassador also thanked the people and the government of Sri Lanka for their cooperation, which helped him to carry out his diplomatic duties.
The UAE`s envoy also met with the Sri Lankan Foreign Minister GL Peiris and discussed a number of issues of common concern with him on this occasion.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today