Ransom paid in Paris for British boy kidnapped in Pak
Madrid: A ransom for a five-year-old British boy kidnapped in Pakistan and freed this week was paid in Paris, Spain`s interior ministry said Wednesday, adding five people have been detained.
Authorities detained three people in Spain and two in France, the ministry said in a statement.
Two of those arrested in Spain, in Tarragona in the northeast, are suspected of having gone to Paris to seek the ransom for the boy, the statement said.
Authorities arrested the man and the woman "once the little boy`s release was confirmed," it said.
Two others suspected of collaborating with them were arrested in Paris, according to the statement.
Police in Pakistan said the kidnappers had dropped off the child in a field on Tuesday, allowing officers to recover him, but no arrests were made.
Doctors confirmed the boy was in good condition, saying he was under police protection and accompanied by British officials.
Sahil Saeed was taken from his grandmother`s house in the town of Jhelum, about 100 kilometres south of Islamabad, in the early hours of March 4 while preparing to leave with his Pakistani father to fly back to Britain.
Saeed`s father had said the kidnappers stormed the house armed with guns and grenades, subjecting the family to a six-hour ordeal while he and his son were preparing to take a taxi to the airport and fly home.
Relatives said the boy was taken by robbers who stole jewellery and cash and demanded a 120,000-dollar ransom.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA