Ransom paid in Paris for British boy kidnapped in Pak
Madrid: A ransom for a five-year-old British boy kidnapped in Pakistan and freed this week was paid in Paris, Spain`s interior ministry said Wednesday, adding five people have been detained.
Authorities detained three people in Spain and two in France, the ministry said in a statement.
Two of those arrested in Spain, in Tarragona in the northeast, are suspected of having gone to Paris to seek the ransom for the boy, the statement said.
Authorities arrested the man and the woman "once the little boy`s release was confirmed," it said.
Two others suspected of collaborating with them were arrested in Paris, according to the statement.
Police in Pakistan said the kidnappers had dropped off the child in a field on Tuesday, allowing officers to recover him, but no arrests were made.
Doctors confirmed the boy was in good condition, saying he was under police protection and accompanied by British officials.
Sahil Saeed was taken from his grandmother`s house in the town of Jhelum, about 100 kilometres south of Islamabad, in the early hours of March 4 while preparing to leave with his Pakistani father to fly back to Britain.
Saeed`s father had said the kidnappers stormed the house armed with guns and grenades, subjecting the family to a six-hour ordeal while he and his son were preparing to take a taxi to the airport and fly home.
Relatives said the boy was taken by robbers who stole jewellery and cash and demanded a 120,000-dollar ransom.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons