Rawalpindi by-polls: Awami Muslim League chief accepts defeat
Lahore: Accepting defeat in the Rawalpindi by-polls, Awami Muslim League (AML) chief Sheikh Rashid Ahmed has accused opposition parties of ‘rigging’ the election.
“There has been pre-planned rigging. Rigging, oppression and Punjab police won today, the people of Rawalpindi were defeated,” The Daily Times quoted Ahmed, as saying.
Ahmed, however, said he would not file any complaint with the Election Commission regarding the massive scale fraud.
Interacting with media persons in Rawalpindi, Ahmed said his party would continue to serve the people despite the loss.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO