Rawalpindi has no diesel to run its trains
Islamabad: Trains may not run from Pakistan`s Rawalpindi city from Tuesday as their engines don`t have diesel.
The daily Dawn said that trains from Rawalpindi are likely to stop running from Tuesday with divisional railway running out of diesel.
An official said that they have stopped issuing tickets for trains scheduled to depart Tuesday.
"The diesel stock is finished...," the official was quoted as saying.
He added the authorities concerned had been informed about the fuel situation.
As many as 17 trains operate from Rawalpindi and the daily requirement of these trains was approximately 35,000 litres of diesel.
Barely 1,000 to 1,500 litres were available with the Rawalpindi divisional office.
The railways is in a dire strait in Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report