Rawalpindi has no diesel to run its trains
Islamabad: Trains may not run from Pakistan`s Rawalpindi city from Tuesday as their engines don`t have diesel.
The daily Dawn said that trains from Rawalpindi are likely to stop running from Tuesday with divisional railway running out of diesel.
An official said that they have stopped issuing tickets for trains scheduled to depart Tuesday.
"The diesel stock is finished...," the official was quoted as saying.
He added the authorities concerned had been informed about the fuel situation.
As many as 17 trains operate from Rawalpindi and the daily requirement of these trains was approximately 35,000 litres of diesel.
Barely 1,000 to 1,500 litres were available with the Rawalpindi divisional office.
The railways is in a dire strait in Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket