Raymond Davis ends hunger strike: Report
Lahore: Double-murder accused US official Raymond Davis, who had gone on a hunger strike in a Lahore prison to protest against "substandard food" being given to him and to press for removing security cameras, has reportedly ended his strike.
Davis, whose menu includes boiled rice and chicken four days a week, had gone on a hunger strike on Tuesday to protest against the prison conditions, sources informed Express 24/7.
An official said that Davis refused to eat in Lahore`s Kot Lakhpat jail, adding that the detained American also wanted the security cameras around his barrack removed, a demand rejected by the jail authorities.
However, a US embassy spokesperson denied reports of the hunger strike, terming them as baseless.
Also, members of banned organisations, who were earlier kept with Davis in the high security zone, have reportedly been shifted out from there, leaving the US official alone in the compound.
Only police officers having special permission from authorities are allowed to enter the high security compound.
It has also been learned that US Consulate staff visits Davis on a daily basis, and the consulate has requested transferring him from the Kot Lakhpat Jail to Rawalpindi’s Adiyala jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- Gujarat quota stir: PM Modi appeals for peace
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- 3rd Test: India vs Sri Lanka 2015 - Preview