Raymond Davis ends hunger strike: Report
Lahore: Double-murder accused US official Raymond Davis, who had gone on a hunger strike in a Lahore prison to protest against "substandard food" being given to him and to press for removing security cameras, has reportedly ended his strike.
Davis, whose menu includes boiled rice and chicken four days a week, had gone on a hunger strike on Tuesday to protest against the prison conditions, sources informed Express 24/7.
An official said that Davis refused to eat in Lahore`s Kot Lakhpat jail, adding that the detained American also wanted the security cameras around his barrack removed, a demand rejected by the jail authorities.
However, a US embassy spokesperson denied reports of the hunger strike, terming them as baseless.
Also, members of banned organisations, who were earlier kept with Davis in the high security zone, have reportedly been shifted out from there, leaving the US official alone in the compound.
Only police officers having special permission from authorities are allowed to enter the high security compound.
It has also been learned that US Consulate staff visits Davis on a daily basis, and the consulate has requested transferring him from the Kot Lakhpat Jail to Rawalpindi’s Adiyala jail.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'