‘Recognize Pak’s contribution in Qaeda arrests’
New Delhi: Pakistan`s High Commissioner to India, Salman Bashir, has said the world should acknowledge Pakistan`s contribution in facilitating the arrests of several Al-Qaeda followers, instead of ``picking on`` the country.
"If 40-plus nations with their most sophisticated technology could not trace Taliban leader Mullah Omar, why pick on Pakistan? What is not so well known or is not projected is Pakistan`s contribution in arresting most of the al Qaeda men. Abbottabad was not embarrassing but the grudge was that we could have done it together," The Dawn quoted Bashir, as saying.
"Even the lead that led to Osama`s discovery was given by Pakistan. What we have been saying is that if the operation is on our territory, then it should be done jointly," he added.
"Osama and the likes of him were never created by Pakistan or Afghanistan. There is a history and a context to the making of Osama bin Laden. In zeal to portray Pakistan as a demon, we tend to believe anything. It is in the interest of the region and the international community as a whole to be objective about Pakistan`s contribution in the campaign against terror," Bashir further said.
Bashir described Pakistan``s relationship with U.S. at present as "sound, good, cooperative and moving in the right direction".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray