`Recovering` Imran Khan tweets `walking without braces
Islamabad: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf leader Imran Khan has tweeted that his braces have come off and that he was walking without any external spinal-support.
Khan tweeted that he was feeling liberated after starting to walk without braces after almost 9 and a half weeks.
According to the Express Tribune, though the braces have come off, it is just one part of the long healing process.
Imran had suffered a potentially life threatening 14-foot-drop as he was being lifted onto the stage at an election rally in Lahore on May 7, 2013, the report said.
The fall damaged his spinal column and left cuts and bruises on his forehead. He spent at least two weeks in the hospital, recovering and three more weeks in bed rest at his home in Lahore, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP cuts gap, witnesses massive surge in seats; counting underway
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP closes gap with Shiv Sena in BMC, dominates in other cities
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway