`Region to be unstable without Kashmir solution`
Islamabad: The subcontinent is likely to "remain unstable" without the Kashmir issue being resolved, says a top Pakistan Army general.
Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (CJCSC), General Khalid Shameem Wynne, said: "As long as the Kashmir issue remains unresolved, this region is likely to remain unstable."
"We must therefore continue to find ways and means to find a just solution of the Kashmir dispute as it is only fair to all the people who dwell in this region and the world at large," Associated Press of Pakistan quoted the general as saying.
Speaking at the convocation ceremony of National Security and War Course and Allied Officers War Course at National Defence University here Wednesday, Wynne said: "...we are combating wholeheartedly the menace of extremism and terrorism prevailing in our society."
"Self-reliance and pre-eminence of national interests should be our guiding principles," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY