Rehman Malik announces Rs 200 mn bounty on TTP spokesperson
Islamabad: Pakistan’s Interior Minister Rehman Malik has reportedly announced a Rs 200 million award for anyone who offers information about the whereabouts of Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan.
While speaking to media, Malik said Ehsan has had been working for foreign elements.
He said TTP was now a divided organisation and comprising various groups, including the Waliur Rehman faction, the Hakimullah Mehsud group and other small factions.
According to the Daily Times, Malik vowed to soon make revelations about the TTP spokesman.
He questioned as to what kind of shariah the TTP wanted to enforce in the country which also legitimised the killing of innocent civilians and suicide bombings.
According to the paper, he was of the view that terrorists were defaming both religion and shariah for money.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev