Rehman Malik announces Rs 200 mn bounty on TTP spokesperson
Islamabad: Pakistan’s Interior Minister Rehman Malik has reportedly announced a Rs 200 million award for anyone who offers information about the whereabouts of Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan.
While speaking to media, Malik said Ehsan has had been working for foreign elements.
He said TTP was now a divided organisation and comprising various groups, including the Waliur Rehman faction, the Hakimullah Mehsud group and other small factions.
According to the Daily Times, Malik vowed to soon make revelations about the TTP spokesman.
He questioned as to what kind of shariah the TTP wanted to enforce in the country which also legitimised the killing of innocent civilians and suicide bombings.
According to the paper, he was of the view that terrorists were defaming both religion and shariah for money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say