Rehman Malik announces Rs 200 mn bounty on TTP spokesperson
Islamabad: Pakistan’s Interior Minister Rehman Malik has reportedly announced a Rs 200 million award for anyone who offers information about the whereabouts of Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan.
While speaking to media, Malik said Ehsan has had been working for foreign elements.
He said TTP was now a divided organisation and comprising various groups, including the Waliur Rehman faction, the Hakimullah Mehsud group and other small factions.
According to the Daily Times, Malik vowed to soon make revelations about the TTP spokesman.
He questioned as to what kind of shariah the TTP wanted to enforce in the country which also legitimised the killing of innocent civilians and suicide bombings.
According to the paper, he was of the view that terrorists were defaming both religion and shariah for money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?