Rehman Malik announces Rs 200 mn bounty on TTP spokesperson
Islamabad: Pakistan’s Interior Minister Rehman Malik has reportedly announced a Rs 200 million award for anyone who offers information about the whereabouts of Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan.
While speaking to media, Malik said Ehsan has had been working for foreign elements.
He said TTP was now a divided organisation and comprising various groups, including the Waliur Rehman faction, the Hakimullah Mehsud group and other small factions.
According to the Daily Times, Malik vowed to soon make revelations about the TTP spokesman.
He questioned as to what kind of shariah the TTP wanted to enforce in the country which also legitimised the killing of innocent civilians and suicide bombings.
According to the paper, he was of the view that terrorists were defaming both religion and shariah for money.
- Republican presidential race: Donald Trump hits out at Hillary Clinton and Ted Cruz ahead of Indiana primary
- Imran Khan demands ‘jail’ for Nawaz; reiterates Pak PM’s resignation over Panama Papers – Video inside
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels