Rehman Malik is Pakistan`s top electricity bill defaulter
Islamabad: Former Pakistan interior minister Rehman Malik tops the list of politicians who have yet to pay their power bills, according to the Islamabad Electric Supply Company.
The company issued a list on March 24 of former federal ministers who were guilty of not paying their bills. The list included more than 21 names and included Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar, former Punjab governor Sardar Latif Khosa and Speaker National Assembly Dr Fehmida Mirza, reports The Express Tribune.
Malik tops the list, owing the company over Rs 4.7 million. Khosa`s outstanding arrears total over Rs 0.4 million while Mirza owes over Rs 0.3 million to the company.
Other defaulters include former prime minister Shaukat Aziz, former federal ministers Firdous Ashiq Awan, Sameera Malik, Sumsam Bukhari, Mian Manzoor Wattoo, Makhdoom Shahabuddin, Ghous Bakhsh Mehar and Faisal Karim Kundi.
The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) sent the list to provincial election commissioners who will keep record for further investigation.
The ECP had earlier announced that anyone who is guilty of outstanding utility bills will not be eligible to participate in the upcoming polls.
Authorities are now formulating the list of defaulters to enable recovery of the payment before the elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India