Rehman Malik to reveal Bhutto murder plot in book?
Islamabad: Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik has claimed that he would reveal the names of the killers of former premier Benazir Bhutto and other little-known details of her 2007 assassination in his forthcoming book, according to media reports on Tuesday.
Malik reportedly made the claim while addressing workers of the ruling-Pakistan Peoples Party at Chitral in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province yesterday, TV news channels reported.
Two-time premier Bhutto was killed by a suicide attacker shortly after addressing an election rally in Rawalpindi on December 27, 200.
Slain former Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan chief Baitullah Mehsud was blamed for the assassination by the government of then President Pervez Musharraf.
Shortly after the media reported his claims, Malik took to Twitter to deny he had made any such remarks.
In one post, he wrote that he had "never said (he would) reveal some facts of (Bhutto`s) assassination in my book" and that he would instead "reveal conspiracies" against the PPP-led government.
In another post, Malik wrote: "I stated more facts about (Bhutto`s) case will be revealed on 27th of Dec.(Please) do not misquote my statements to show (your) venom against me".
Several PPP leaders, including Malik and President Asif Ali Zardari, have said in the past that they have information about Bhutto`s killers but have never shared details with the public.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video