Relations with Koirala not sour, says Nepal PM`s office
Kathmandu: Nepal Premier Madhav Kumar Nepal`s office on Monday dismissed as "baseless" the "rumours about souring relations" between him and Girija Prasad Koirala as he visited the ailing ex-premier, a day after Nepali Congress ministers abstained from a government function.
"Prime Minister Nepal today went to ailing Koirala`s residence at Maharajgunj on the outskirts of Kathmandu to learn about his health condition," PM`s press advisor Bishnu
Rijal said, adding Nepal wished him a speedy recovery.
Koirala, 86, was experiencing weakness since yesterday and his hemoglobin count has declined.
The media speculation about a widening gap between Koirala and Nepal was fuelled after none of the NC ministers turned out during the government`s function to highlight its achievements during the first 100 days in power yesterday.
"The two leaders also discussed about the current political situation," Rijal said.
However, sources close to Koirala said he was unhappy with the premier`s working style and the octogenarian leader was specially upset over the issue of his daughter Sujata
being overlooked for the post of Deputy Prime Minister.
Although NC is the largest party in the 22-party coalition, Foreign Minister Sujata comes fourth in position which cannot be justified, an NC leader said.
Foreign Minister Sujata had earlier said, “We don`t have serious problem with the Prime Minister and the rumour that Nepali Congress is trying to dislodge the government is baseless".
She said the present government should continue as long as the peace process was not complete and the Constitution was not drafted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’