Relationship with Pak essential: White House
Washington: The US relationship with Pakistan, though "complicated and difficult at time", is essential for the fight against terrorism, the White House has said.
"We believe our relationship with Pakistan is essential to fighting terrorism and terrorists, fighting al Qaeda. That`s why we work hard on that relationship even though it is complicated and difficult at times," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said.
"We also make no apologies for the need to go after terrorists, members of al Qaeda, wherever they are. That is certainly true about the mission to eliminate Osama bin Laden," Carney said.
His remarks came yesterday in response to a question at his daily news conference.
Admitting that there are issues that create tension, Carney said: "We engage with the Pakistanis to discuss these issues all the time. But the relationship is important and, obviously, fighting terrorism is important."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested