Relief for PPP; Bilawal Bhutto returns to Pakistan
Islamabad: After a week in Dubai following tiff with his father over party matters, Bilawal Bhutto Zardari returned to his homeland on Monday night.
Bilawal had left for Dubai last week after he developed differences with Zardari and his sister, Faryal Talpur, over the party`s handling of key issues, including militant violence, sectarian attacks against Shias and the award of party tickets for the polls scheduled for May 11.
Bilawal’s absence in run up to May 11 General elections triggered concerns for Pakistan Peoples’ Party and hence father Asif Ali Zardari rushed to Dubai to mitigate the differences and managed to make Bhutto junior return to Pakistan.
Bilawal, who was recently patron-in-chief of the Pakistan People`s Party, is spearheading the campaigning for PPP ahead of elections.
Bilawal would stay in Karachi for a couple of days following which he will leave for Larkana to attend his grandfather, former PM Zulfikar Ali Bhutto’s 34th death anniversary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters