Rescue teams rush to save tourists trapped at base of Everest
Beijing: China on Monday rushed rescue teams to save 86 tourists, including 13 foreigners, trapped in heavy snow at the base camp of Mt Everest.
The tourists were about to go downhill after sightseeing at the base camp, located 5,200 metres above sea level, when they were stuck in heavy snow, officials in Tibet`s Xigaze prefecture said.
No casualties have been reported so far, state-run Xinhua news agency reported. Rescuers are currently clearing their way towards the base camp.
Mt Everest is called Mt Qomolangma in Tibet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender