Respect Pakistan`s sovereignty: China to US
Islamabad: China has told the US to respect Pakistan`s sovereignty and understand its problems, it was reported here.
Dawn reported that during a meeting with Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani on Wednesday in Beijing, Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao said he had taken up the issue with US officials at a recent strategic and economic dialogue in Washington.
Gilani began a four-day official visit to China on Tuesday. The trip comes amid strained ties between the US and Pakistan after Osama bin Laden was shot dead on May 02 by US Navy SEALs in Pakistan`s Abbottabad city. The US said it had taken unilateral action to take out the al Qaeda leader.
He said China and Pakistan would forever remain good neighbours and good partners.
The Chinese Premier lauded Gilani`s decision to accept India`s invitation to watch the cricket world cup semi-final match between India and Pakistan in Mohali.
Gilani told reporters that Pakistan and China have agreed to bolster defence ties.
He said his trip to China was pre-scheduled and it had nothing to do with Osama`s May 02 killing.
The Pakistani Prime Minister said Washington had assured that there would be no "unilateral attack" inside Pakistan`s territory in future.
"If another high-value target is found in Pakistan, a joint operation will be carried out against him," he was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security