Resume NATO supplies, Karzai tells Pakistan
Islamabad: Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai on Friday asked Pakistan to resume NATO supplies that were suspended after airstrikes last year left two dozen soldiers dead, a media report said.
Karzai urged Pakistan to resume NATO supplies and suggested that it charge higher levy as it will benefit both Pakistan and Afghanistan, Geo News reported from his breakfast meeting with senior journalists here.
Karzai is in Islamabad for a one-day trilateral summit between Pakistan, Iran and Afghanistan.
The airstrikes on November 26 last year on two Pakistani Army checkposts in Mohmand Agency in the northwest region killed two dozen soldiers, sparking outrage in Pakistan.
Islamabad promptly barred the passage of NATO supplies through the country and decided to boycott an international conference focussed on the future course of action in Afghanistan. It also told the US to vacate the key Shamsi airbase in Balochistan that was used to launch drone strikes.
To a query on the US-Taliban talks, the Afghan leader said that they were aware of US-Taliban contacts but would decide where to hold Afghan-Taliban talks.
The Taliban can open office in Qatar but Kabul will hold talks in Turkey or Saudi Arabia with them, he said.
On Indian influence in Afghanistan, Karzai said Pakistan does not have to worry as Pakistan and India are already engaged in trade agreements.
Indian Commerce Minister Anand Sharma, who is accompanied by business leaders of more than 100 Indian companies, has wrapped up a four-day trip to Pakistan that began on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch