Revealed - How US hunted Osama bin Landen to death in Pakistan
Islamabad: The Abbottabad Commission Report has unfolded the sequence of events that led the United States hunt for al Qaeda chief, Osama bin Laden, in Pakistan.
The Dawn reports that the arrest of Khalid Bin Attash, an Al Qaeda member involved in several pre 9/11 attacks, in 2002 from Karachi led to the first major breakthrough.
According to the report, Attash identified Abu Ahmed Ali Kuwaiti, Osama`s right hand man, who was with his family in Karachi in October 2001 and later moved to Peshawar, where Osama joined them in mid-2002.
The commission report further said that Osama later on moved to Swat where he was visited by Khalid Sheikh Mohammad who was arrested in Rawalpindi, prompting the scared Osama`s family to move to Haripur.
They all stayed in Haripur till 2005 and planned the move to Abbottabad.
Kuwaiti executed the plan by purchasing a plot in Abbottabad using a fake identity card and also supervised the construction of the house.
The commission has been told that OBL never had a phone line, an internet or cable connection either in Swat, Haripur or Abbottabad though a dish was used to watch Al Jazeera.
Dawn said that the commission has pointed out the violations committed by the residents of the Abbottabad House which remained unchecked by the authorities at the local level.
Those mentioned were a manual ID card used to purchase land, a third floor built in a fort type construction was in violation of the building plan, non-payment of property tax since 2005.
The commission has given recommendations to the Pakistani government focused on checking American activity in the country and averting operations by outside forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Donald Trump has already damaged national security: Madeline Albright
- These bollywood movie makers, superstars have been issued service tax notices by CBEC –Know
- Alert issued in Bihar following heavy rain in catchment areas of Nepal
- WWE SmackDown: July 26, 2016 - Results and highlights
- SHOCKING! Former PM Manmohan Singh's plane nearly crashed in 2007