Revealed - How US hunted Osama bin Landen to death in Pakistan
Islamabad: The Abbottabad Commission Report has unfolded the sequence of events that led the United States hunt for al Qaeda chief, Osama bin Laden, in Pakistan.
The Dawn reports that the arrest of Khalid Bin Attash, an Al Qaeda member involved in several pre 9/11 attacks, in 2002 from Karachi led to the first major breakthrough.
According to the report, Attash identified Abu Ahmed Ali Kuwaiti, Osama`s right hand man, who was with his family in Karachi in October 2001 and later moved to Peshawar, where Osama joined them in mid-2002.
The commission report further said that Osama later on moved to Swat where he was visited by Khalid Sheikh Mohammad who was arrested in Rawalpindi, prompting the scared Osama`s family to move to Haripur.
They all stayed in Haripur till 2005 and planned the move to Abbottabad.
Kuwaiti executed the plan by purchasing a plot in Abbottabad using a fake identity card and also supervised the construction of the house.
The commission has been told that OBL never had a phone line, an internet or cable connection either in Swat, Haripur or Abbottabad though a dish was used to watch Al Jazeera.
Dawn said that the commission has pointed out the violations committed by the residents of the Abbottabad House which remained unchecked by the authorities at the local level.
Those mentioned were a manual ID card used to purchase land, a third floor built in a fort type construction was in violation of the building plan, non-payment of property tax since 2005.
The commission has given recommendations to the Pakistani government focused on checking American activity in the country and averting operations by outside forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan