Road accident kills two top bureaucrats in Bangladesh
Dhaka: Two top Bangladeshi bureaucrats were
killed on Saturday when a jeep they were travelling in collided
head-on with a passenger bus at the suburban Manikganj area
near the Bangladeshi capital, police said.
Women and Children Affairs Secretary Razia Begum and
Bangladesh Small and Cottage Industries Corporation (BSCIC)
Chairman Mohammad Siddiqur Rahman died in the accident on the
Dhaka-Paturia Highway in Manikganj when they were on their way
to western Gopalganj to attend an official programme of Prime
Minister Sheikh Hasina.
"The tragic incident took place about 6.45 am" in Manikganj, 75 km from Dhaka, when the passenger bus hit the
Pajero jeep carrying the officials, Manikganj`s police chief
Mohammad Masud Karim told PTI.
He said both the officials succumbed to their wounds at a
local facility, while the driver of the jeep and a police
gunman accompanying them were being treated at a specialised
hospital in Dhaka.
Both the injured were in critical
Rahman, who was serving as the BSCIC chief with the
status of an additional secretary to the government, had lost
his two daughters in another road accident at eastern Comilla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city