Roadside bomb kills 6 Afghan civilians
Kabul: A roadside bomb killed six civilians and wounded more than a dozen others in southern Afghanistan, authorities said on Sunday, hours after a suicide bomber killed four in an attack on a military bus in the capital.
The attack in the south happened when an improvised explosive device hit a taxi today, said Omar Zwak, a spokesman for the governor of Helmand province. He added that 13 people were wounded.
Bombs in vehicles, along roadsides and carried by suicide bombers are the Taliban`s weapons of choice and the leading cause of civilian casualties in Afghanistan. The United Nations has blamed insurgents for the overwhelming majority of such attacks, and said they have increased as the Taliban try to regain territory as foreign troops withdraw.
A suicide bomber attacked a military bus in Kabul, killing at least four people including two soldiers earlier in the day.
Gen Mohammad Zahir Azimi, spokesman for the Defense Ministry, said the bomber waited on foot in the east of the city for the bus to arrive before setting off his explosives.
He said the dead included two soldiers and two civilians, one of whom was a woman. He says 22 others were wounded. Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid claimed responsibility for the attack in an email sent to media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah