Roadside bomb kills 6 civilians in Afghanistan
Kabul: Six civilians were killed and one injured as a roadside bomb went off in Afghanistan`s southern Uruzgan province on Saturday, a statement from the Interior Ministry said.
"The tragic incident occurred this morning at around 07:30 am local time in Nachin village outside the provincial capital Trinkot as a result six innocent civilians were martyred and another sustained injuries," the statement added.
It put the attack on the enemies of peace, a term used against Taliban insurgents. However, the militants have yet to make comments, Xinhua reported.
"It was a remote controlled bomb and organised by the enemies of Afghan people," the statement further said.
An investigation has been initiated into the incident to identify the culprits, it asserted.
Militants have intensified their activities as a clash left four anti-government fighters dead on Friday in the northern Faryab province; in another incident, militants killed a person on charge of cooperation with government in the southern Ghazni province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan