Roadside bomb kills family of 5: Afghan official
Kandahar (Afghanistan): An Afghan government official says a roadside bomb has killed a family of five in the south of the country.
The administrator for Miyanishin district in Helmand province, Shah Mahmood Shafa, says the family was driving through the district in a Toyota Corolla yesterday night when their car struck a bomb. He did not say if the explosion had targeted them, or how the bomb was detonated.
Shafa says two of the dead were young children.
Insurgent roadside bombs and landmines are considered among the most dangerous weapons in Afghanistan for civilians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?