Roadside bomb kills family of 5: Afghan official
Kandahar (Afghanistan): An Afghan government official says a roadside bomb has killed a family of five in the south of the country.
The administrator for Miyanishin district in Helmand province, Shah Mahmood Shafa, says the family was driving through the district in a Toyota Corolla yesterday night when their car struck a bomb. He did not say if the explosion had targeted them, or how the bomb was detonated.
Shafa says two of the dead were young children.
Insurgent roadside bombs and landmines are considered among the most dangerous weapons in Afghanistan for civilians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened