Roadside bomb kills family of 5: Afghan official
Kandahar (Afghanistan): An Afghan government official says a roadside bomb has killed a family of five in the south of the country.
The administrator for Miyanishin district in Helmand province, Shah Mahmood Shafa, says the family was driving through the district in a Toyota Corolla yesterday night when their car struck a bomb. He did not say if the explosion had targeted them, or how the bomb was detonated.
Shafa says two of the dead were young children.
Insurgent roadside bombs and landmines are considered among the most dangerous weapons in Afghanistan for civilians.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference