Roadside bomb kills nine Pakistani soldiers
Peshawar: At least nine soldiers were killed and nine others injured when a roadside bomb struck a military convey in Pakistan`s troubled North Waziristan tribal region on Sunday.
The convoy of military vehicles was travelling from Datakhel to Miramshah when it was struck by a remotely-detonated bomb in Boya area of North Waziristan tribal region.
At least nine soldiers died and nine others were wounded in the explosion, Dawn reported.
The victims were shifted to the Combined Military Hospital.
A military statement had earlier put the figure at three. A daily curfew is imposed in the area from 4 pm evening till 5 am in the morning ensure safe passage for the movement of military personnel.
Militants often used IEDs to target military personnel due to the curfew.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Railways: Check out the list of new rules from July 1
- IPL 2016: Points table, remaining fixtures, orange cap holder, purple cap holder
- Uttarakhand: Landslide, storm kill 11, injure many in Chakrata
- Frequent selfie takers less attractive?
- REVEALED: Fascinating details of Jose Mourinho's bumper Manchester United FC contract!