Roadside bomb kills nine Pakistani soldiers
Peshawar: At least nine soldiers were killed and nine others injured when a roadside bomb struck a military convey in Pakistan`s troubled North Waziristan tribal region on Sunday.
The convoy of military vehicles was travelling from Datakhel to Miramshah when it was struck by a remotely-detonated bomb in Boya area of North Waziristan tribal region.
At least nine soldiers died and nine others were wounded in the explosion, Dawn reported.
The victims were shifted to the Combined Military Hospital.
A military statement had earlier put the figure at three. A daily curfew is imposed in the area from 4 pm evening till 5 am in the morning ensure safe passage for the movement of military personnel.
Militants often used IEDs to target military personnel due to the curfew.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'