Roadside bomb kills nine Pakistani soldiers
Peshawar: At least nine soldiers were killed and nine others injured when a roadside bomb struck a military convey in Pakistan`s troubled North Waziristan tribal region on Sunday.
The convoy of military vehicles was travelling from Datakhel to Miramshah when it was struck by a remotely-detonated bomb in Boya area of North Waziristan tribal region.
At least nine soldiers died and nine others were wounded in the explosion, Dawn reported.
The victims were shifted to the Combined Military Hospital.
A military statement had earlier put the figure at three. A daily curfew is imposed in the area from 4 pm evening till 5 am in the morning ensure safe passage for the movement of military personnel.
Militants often used IEDs to target military personnel due to the curfew.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Tripura Civil Service officer rapes woman in Agartala, now absconding
- Summer health tips: How to stay energetic throughout the day!
- China reacts to PM Modi, says wants 'mutually acceptable solution to issues with India'
- Ravi Shastri accuses Sourav Ganguly of being disrespectful during the interview process
- China: 131 admitted to hospital after leak at chemical factory