Roadside bomb kills nine Pakistani soldiers
Peshawar: At least nine soldiers were killed and nine others injured when a roadside bomb struck a military convey in Pakistan`s troubled North Waziristan tribal region on Sunday.
The convoy of military vehicles was travelling from Datakhel to Miramshah when it was struck by a remotely-detonated bomb in Boya area of North Waziristan tribal region.
At least nine soldiers died and nine others were wounded in the explosion, Dawn reported.
The victims were shifted to the Combined Military Hospital.
A military statement had earlier put the figure at three. A daily curfew is imposed in the area from 4 pm evening till 5 am in the morning ensure safe passage for the movement of military personnel.
Militants often used IEDs to target military personnel due to the curfew.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj