Roadside bomb targets police vehicle in Pakistan
Peshawar: A senior police officer and his
guards escaped unhurt when their vehicle was targeted with a
roadside bomb in this northwestern Pakistani city on Friday.
The low intensity remote controlled bomb went off in
Afridiabad in Peshawar’s suburbs when Deputy Superintendent of
Police Gulbahar Iftikhar was passing through the area in a van
this morning, district administration chief Shahibzada Anees
The blast partially damaged the van though no one was
hurt, Anees said. The explosive device was planted along the
roadside. Police cordoned off the area after the blast and
launched a search for the attackers.
Militants have carried out several attacks in the
same area over the past few weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you