Roadside bombs kill 3 boys in Afghanistan
Kabul: Afghan officials say roadside bombings in the restive south and west have killed three boys.
One of today`s attacks took place in western Farah province, where two boys died.
A provincial governor`s spokesman, Abdul Rahman Zhawandai, said a bomb exploded outside a school just as the boys came out. That explosion also wounded three students.
The third boy was killed in the southern Uruzgan province, a Taliban stronghold. Police spokesman Farid Ayal said the teenager was returning home on his bicycle when the explosion occurred.
No one has claimed responsibility for the attacks but Taliban militants routinely use roadside bombings to target Afghan security forces, though such bombs also often kill civilians.
Security has been stepped up across Afghanistan as Shiites prepared to mark the Ashoura, a key religious occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future