Roadside bombs kill 3 boys in Afghanistan
Kabul: Afghan officials say roadside bombings in the restive south and west have killed three boys.
One of today`s attacks took place in western Farah province, where two boys died.
A provincial governor`s spokesman, Abdul Rahman Zhawandai, said a bomb exploded outside a school just as the boys came out. That explosion also wounded three students.
The third boy was killed in the southern Uruzgan province, a Taliban stronghold. Police spokesman Farid Ayal said the teenager was returning home on his bicycle when the explosion occurred.
No one has claimed responsibility for the attacks but Taliban militants routinely use roadside bombings to target Afghan security forces, though such bombs also often kill civilians.
Security has been stepped up across Afghanistan as Shiites prepared to mark the Ashoura, a key religious occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!