Robbers force Pakistani family to prepare `sehri`
Islamabad: Robbers stormed a home in the Pakistani capital, beat up the family and made off with valuables worth Rs 3 million after forcing the women of the house to prepare `sehri` or the pre-dawn meal in the month of Ramzan.
Yasir Sheikh said his home was robbed by seven masked men who forced their way in while he and his wife were attending an `iftar` party on Saturday.
The robbers spent six hours in Sheikh`s house, looking for 80 tolas of gold that they believed was in the residence. The Pashto-speaking robbers placed Sheikh`s mother’s hand on the floor and hit it with a hammer. They beat his sister, wife and father.
While they were looking for the gold, the robbers realised it was time for `sehri`, the pre-dawn meal eaten by Muslims before a day of fasting.
?Meanwhile, the time for sehri started, so they untied my mother and wife and instructed them to prepare food...They also untied other family members to ensure that we had sehri with the robbers,? Sheikh was quoted as saying by the Dawn newspaper.
While eating, the robbers even removed their masks and Sheikh and his family were able to see their faces. He said two of them were in their mid-30s, one was a teenager and the others were in their mid-20s.
The robbers made off with gold biscuits and jewellery worth Rs 1.8 million, prize bonds of Rs 965,000, Rs 200,000 in cash, a television and other electronic items.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO