Rocket attack during Bulgarian minister`s Afghan visit
Sofia: A rocket was fired on Sunday on a military base in Kandahar, Afghanistan, while Bulgarian Defence Minister Nikolay Mladenov was visiting his country`s troops there.
Four Bulgarian soldiers were injured in the attack, the Defence Ministry in Sofia said late Sunday.
The rocket exploded just 200 metres from the minister`s party, but he was unharmed.
Some 270 Bulgarians are part of the international military force in Kandahar. The country has a total of 500 troops in Afghanistan.
Mladenov is to remain in Afghanistan until Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed