Rocket attack during Bulgarian minister`s Afghan visit
Sofia: A rocket was fired on Sunday on a military base in Kandahar, Afghanistan, while Bulgarian Defence Minister Nikolay Mladenov was visiting his country`s troops there.
Four Bulgarian soldiers were injured in the attack, the Defence Ministry in Sofia said late Sunday.
The rocket exploded just 200 metres from the minister`s party, but he was unharmed.
Some 270 Bulgarians are part of the international military force in Kandahar. The country has a total of 500 troops in Afghanistan.
Mladenov is to remain in Afghanistan until Thursday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!