Rocket attack during Bulgarian minister`s Afghan visit
Sofia: A rocket was fired on Sunday on a military base in Kandahar, Afghanistan, while Bulgarian Defence Minister Nikolay Mladenov was visiting his country`s troops there.
Four Bulgarian soldiers were injured in the attack, the Defence Ministry in Sofia said late Sunday.
The rocket exploded just 200 metres from the minister`s party, but he was unharmed.
Some 270 Bulgarians are part of the international military force in Kandahar. The country has a total of 500 troops in Afghanistan.
Mladenov is to remain in Afghanistan until Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores