Rocket attack during Bulgarian minister`s Afghan visit
Sofia: A rocket was fired on Sunday on a military base in Kandahar, Afghanistan, while Bulgarian Defence Minister Nikolay Mladenov was visiting his country`s troops there.
Four Bulgarian soldiers were injured in the attack, the Defence Ministry in Sofia said late Sunday.
The rocket exploded just 200 metres from the minister`s party, but he was unharmed.
Some 270 Bulgarians are part of the international military force in Kandahar. The country has a total of 500 troops in Afghanistan.
Mladenov is to remain in Afghanistan until Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing