Rocket hits Kabul, kills three family members: Police
Kabul: A rocket fired on a house in Kabul in the early hours Monday morning killed three members of one family and injured two others, officials said.
"Three members of one family have been martyred and two others wounded," an official at the Ministry of Interior said.
The rocket was fired from the outskirts of the city, landing on the Spin Kalay neighbourhood, a densely populated residential area in the capital`s western suburbs, he said.
"We are investigating where exactly the rocket was fired from," said the Ministry press office.
Western diplomats resident in Kabul have said that rocket attacks are an almost nightly occurrence, though rarely claim lives. They aim to intimidate the population and make them aware of the insurgent presence.
Kabul was devastated by rockets and small arms fire during the 1992-96 civil war but since the Taliban regime was pushed from power in late 2001, the city has undergone a building boom.
Separately yesterday, rocket attacks in the Sirkanay district of eastern Kunar province killed a couple and wounded three of their daughters, police said, adding that a man was hurt in a second rocket attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray