Rocket hits Kabul, kills three family members: Police
Kabul: A rocket fired on a house in Kabul in the early hours Monday morning killed three members of one family and injured two others, officials said.
"Three members of one family have been martyred and two others wounded," an official at the Ministry of Interior said.
The rocket was fired from the outskirts of the city, landing on the Spin Kalay neighbourhood, a densely populated residential area in the capital`s western suburbs, he said.
"We are investigating where exactly the rocket was fired from," said the Ministry press office.
Western diplomats resident in Kabul have said that rocket attacks are an almost nightly occurrence, though rarely claim lives. They aim to intimidate the population and make them aware of the insurgent presence.
Kabul was devastated by rockets and small arms fire during the 1992-96 civil war but since the Taliban regime was pushed from power in late 2001, the city has undergone a building boom.
Separately yesterday, rocket attacks in the Sirkanay district of eastern Kunar province killed a couple and wounded three of their daughters, police said, adding that a man was hurt in a second rocket attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city