Rocket hits Kabul, kills three family members: Police
Kabul: A rocket fired on a house in Kabul in the early hours Monday morning killed three members of one family and injured two others, officials said.
"Three members of one family have been martyred and two others wounded," an official at the Ministry of Interior said.
The rocket was fired from the outskirts of the city, landing on the Spin Kalay neighbourhood, a densely populated residential area in the capital`s western suburbs, he said.
"We are investigating where exactly the rocket was fired from," said the Ministry press office.
Western diplomats resident in Kabul have said that rocket attacks are an almost nightly occurrence, though rarely claim lives. They aim to intimidate the population and make them aware of the insurgent presence.
Kabul was devastated by rockets and small arms fire during the 1992-96 civil war but since the Taliban regime was pushed from power in late 2001, the city has undergone a building boom.
Separately yesterday, rocket attacks in the Sirkanay district of eastern Kunar province killed a couple and wounded three of their daughters, police said, adding that a man was hurt in a second rocket attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan