Rockets fired at Pakistani politician`s house
Islamabad: The house of the chief of a Pakistani tribe, who is also a former member of the Balochistan provincial assembly, was attacked with rockets Monday, a media report said.
Four rockets were fired at the house of Sardar Abdur Rehman Khetran, chief of the Khetran tribe in Barkhan district of Balochistan, Dawn News reported.
The attack took place in Khetran near provincial capital Quetta.
Security forces began a probe, and no loss of life or property was reported.
Sardar Khetran belongs to the Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid (PML-Q) and has served as the party`s provincial vice-president in the past.
His wife, provincial minister Nasreen Rehman Khetran, also from the same party, had resigned from the assembly in February protesting the killing of the wife and daughter of another member, Mir Bakhtiar Domki, in Karachi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed