Rockets hit base in Pakistan, killing 3 soldiers
Dera Ismail Khan: Intelligence officials say suspected militants have fired rockets at a paramilitary base in Pakistan`s northwest during an Independence Day ceremony, killing three soldiers and wounding 23 others.
The officials say the soldiers had just finished raising the Pakistani flag and were gathering for speeches on Sunday when the rockets hit the base in Miran Shah, the main town in the North Waziristan tribal area.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to talk to the media.
North Waziristan is the main sanctuary for Taliban and al Qaeda militants in Pakistan`s semiautonomous tribal region along the Afghan border.
- Hot alert! Shruti Hassan looks incredibly sexy on the cover of GQ magazine – See pic
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’
- Premier League: Leicester City clinch historic title after Eden Hazard`s stunning late goal vs Tottenham Hotspur
- EPL: Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and other key players who played major roles in Leicester City`s title success