Rockets hit base in Pakistan, killing 3 soldiers
Dera Ismail Khan: Intelligence officials say suspected militants have fired rockets at a paramilitary base in Pakistan`s northwest during an Independence Day ceremony, killing three soldiers and wounding 23 others.
The officials say the soldiers had just finished raising the Pakistani flag and were gathering for speeches on Sunday when the rockets hit the base in Miran Shah, the main town in the North Waziristan tribal area.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to talk to the media.
North Waziristan is the main sanctuary for Taliban and al Qaeda militants in Pakistan`s semiautonomous tribal region along the Afghan border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!