Ruling parties misinterpreting 3-pt agreement: Nepal Maoists
Kathmandu: The Unified CPN (Maoist) on Monday said the ruling parties are trying to interpret the three-point agreement reached on Friday night according to their convenience.
A meeting of the Maoist Standing Committee held at party headquarters here, made the call to the ruling parties, concluding that the pact should be implemented right away in order to build trust among the parties for establishing politics of consensus.
Nepalnews quoted Maoist spokesperson Dina Nath Sharma as saying that the party has taken exception to the remarks and interpretations on the deal made by some ruling party leaders.
He further said the Maoists would put forth the issue at the three-party meeting scheduled today.
The three-point deal includes a provision for extending the term of the Constituent Assembly by a year, implementation of past agreements and the resignation of the Prime Minister within days to pave the way for a unity government.
Meanwhile, the Nepali Congress (NC) had reiterated that a national government would be formed only after the UCPN (Maoist) transforms itself into a "civilian party".
According to Nepalnews, the parliamentary party meeting of the NC held at Singha Durbar on Sunday concluded that the party can support for Maoist leadership in the new government only after resolving all contentious issues in package.
They insist that Maoists must determine the number of combatants to be integrated into national security forces, return the captured properties and dismantle the paramilitary structure of the Young Communist League (YCL).
They also resolved to intensify its role in Constitution making and peace process for the next one year.
The 10 parties associated with the current ruling coalition had also suggested Prime Minister Madhav Kumar Nepal to resign only after reaching an agreement in package.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof