Russian trekkers missing in Nepal mountains
Kathmandu: Police say two Russian trekkers are missing in Nepal`s northern mountains and rescuers are scouring the area in an attempt to find them.
Police official Ram Shrestha says two other Russians were rescued Thursday and flown to Kathmandu. Two of their colleagues are still missing in the Langtang area, about 100 kilometers north of Kathmandu.
The last contact with the two who remain missing was made on Tuesday.
Thousands of foreign trekkers come to Nepal every year to trek the mountains. However, this is the end of the trekking season, and there were not many people on the route the Russians were taking.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan