S Lanka, Pak agree to strengthen defense co-operation
Colombo: Sri Lanka and Pakistan on Thursday agreed to maintain and promote closer military cooperation and intelligence sharing to counter the growing threat of terrorism.
This was decided at a meeting between senior Pakistani and Sri Lankan defense officials held in Islamabad, Pakistani High Commission said in a statement here today.
During the meeting between Pakistan`s Secretary Defense Production Lt Gen (retd) Shahid Iqbal and senior Sri Lankan defense official Brig TN Jayasooriya, both the sides agreed to enhance cooperation in the area of military training exercises and intelligence sharing to counter the growing threat of terrorism.
Both nations have assisted each other during testing times in their history, the statement said, adding Pakistan and Sri Lanka have comprehensive and training collaboration for Army, Navy and Air Force.
Early this week, China had pledged to strengthen defense cooperation with Sri Lanka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt