S Lanka, Pak agree to strengthen defense co-operation
Colombo: Sri Lanka and Pakistan on Thursday agreed to maintain and promote closer military cooperation and intelligence sharing to counter the growing threat of terrorism.
This was decided at a meeting between senior Pakistani and Sri Lankan defense officials held in Islamabad, Pakistani High Commission said in a statement here today.
During the meeting between Pakistan`s Secretary Defense Production Lt Gen (retd) Shahid Iqbal and senior Sri Lankan defense official Brig TN Jayasooriya, both the sides agreed to enhance cooperation in the area of military training exercises and intelligence sharing to counter the growing threat of terrorism.
Both nations have assisted each other during testing times in their history, the statement said, adding Pakistan and Sri Lanka have comprehensive and training collaboration for Army, Navy and Air Force.
Early this week, China had pledged to strengthen defense cooperation with Sri Lanka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam