S Lanka, Pak agree to strengthen defense co-operation
Colombo: Sri Lanka and Pakistan on Thursday agreed to maintain and promote closer military cooperation and intelligence sharing to counter the growing threat of terrorism.
This was decided at a meeting between senior Pakistani and Sri Lankan defense officials held in Islamabad, Pakistani High Commission said in a statement here today.
During the meeting between Pakistan`s Secretary Defense Production Lt Gen (retd) Shahid Iqbal and senior Sri Lankan defense official Brig TN Jayasooriya, both the sides agreed to enhance cooperation in the area of military training exercises and intelligence sharing to counter the growing threat of terrorism.
Both nations have assisted each other during testing times in their history, the statement said, adding Pakistan and Sri Lanka have comprehensive and training collaboration for Army, Navy and Air Force.
Early this week, China had pledged to strengthen defense cooperation with Sri Lanka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Rains keep mercury near normal in several parts of country
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class 10th Results 2016, CBSE Class X Results 2016 to be declared on May 28; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- UPA govt, LeT worked in tandem in Ishrat Jahan case: MoS Kiren Rijiju
- Dombivli factory blast: Death toll rises to 11, company management booked
- Kazakhstan accuses protesters of trying to oust government