S Lanka releases more rehabilitated LTTE recruits
Colombo: A batch of 75 former LTTE members rehabilitated by the government was on Saturday released to their families in the northern Sri Lankan town of Vavuniya.
"Out of the 12,000 sent for rehabilitation we have already released 11,000. Around 700 only remain to be released from four rehabilitation centres.
"There are also another 600 suspects in custody who would be sent for rehabilitation", A Dissanayake, the secretary to the ministry of rehabilitation and prison reforms said.
Dissanayake said President Mahinda Rajapaksa was keen to see the full completion of the rehabilitation process.
Dissanayake said self-employment loans would be allocated to all rehabilitated former LTTE recruits.
They were made to undergo language and vocational training during the rehabilitation process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad