SAARC Trade Fair concludes at Nepal
Kathmandu: The tenth SAARC Trade Fair
aimed at providing platform to the members countries to
explore trade opportunities concluded on Sunday.
The fair attracted a huge crowd with organisers
estimating the visitors to be more than 225,000.
Sri Lankan Deputy Minister for Foreign Affairs Neomal
Perara inspected the SAARC Trade Fair on the final day.
Members countries of the South Asian Association of
Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal,
Pakistan and Sri Lanka showcased their products and services
in the trade fair which was inaugurated by Prime Minister
Madhav Kumar Nepal on December 15.
Food items, handicrafts, leather products,
cosmetics, jewelry, garments and kitchenware produced by the
SAARC member country were at display during the fair.
Eight tourism pavilions from each of the SAARC
countries were also set up with a view to promoting regional
The trade fair will help boost trade, commerce and
tourism in the SAARC region and establish business links among
industrialists and business communities of the region, said
Ramesh Kumar Shrestha, executive director of Trade and Export
Promotion Centre of Nepal, the main organiser of the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India