Saeed calls for jihad against US to save Pak
Lahore: Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD) chief Hafiz Muhammad Saeed has called for a jihad against the United States to save Pakistan and Islam.
“Come to us. We will teach you the meaning of jihad… The time to fight has come,” The Express Tribune quoted Saeed, as saying at a sermon.
“They [US] are even scared of my name. This is the same jihad which caused the USSR to break and now America is failing because of it. Analysts and journalists don’t realise why America is failing, the only reason is jihad. There are many parties in Pakistan, but America has only sent a message to Jamaat-ud- Dawa, because we do jihad,” he added.
His statement came after the US put a 10 million dollar bounty on his head.
Saeed said the media is against jihad because it is influenced by the West, which regards jihad as degraded.
Meanwhile, JuD backed Difa-e-Pakistan Council (DPC) activists took to the streets, calling for a “holy war” and torching a US flag to condemn the US bounty on Saeed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH