Saeed calls for jihad against US to save Pak
Lahore: Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD) chief Hafiz Muhammad Saeed has called for a jihad against the United States to save Pakistan and Islam.
“Come to us. We will teach you the meaning of jihad… The time to fight has come,” The Express Tribune quoted Saeed, as saying at a sermon.
“They [US] are even scared of my name. This is the same jihad which caused the USSR to break and now America is failing because of it. Analysts and journalists don’t realise why America is failing, the only reason is jihad. There are many parties in Pakistan, but America has only sent a message to Jamaat-ud- Dawa, because we do jihad,” he added.
His statement came after the US put a 10 million dollar bounty on his head.
Saeed said the media is against jihad because it is influenced by the West, which regards jihad as degraded.
Meanwhile, JuD backed Difa-e-Pakistan Council (DPC) activists took to the streets, calling for a “holy war” and torching a US flag to condemn the US bounty on Saeed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj