Saeed calls for jihad against US to save Pak
Lahore: Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD) chief Hafiz Muhammad Saeed has called for a jihad against the United States to save Pakistan and Islam.
“Come to us. We will teach you the meaning of jihad… The time to fight has come,” The Express Tribune quoted Saeed, as saying at a sermon.
“They [US] are even scared of my name. This is the same jihad which caused the USSR to break and now America is failing because of it. Analysts and journalists don’t realise why America is failing, the only reason is jihad. There are many parties in Pakistan, but America has only sent a message to Jamaat-ud- Dawa, because we do jihad,” he added.
His statement came after the US put a 10 million dollar bounty on his head.
Saeed said the media is against jihad because it is influenced by the West, which regards jihad as degraded.
Meanwhile, JuD backed Difa-e-Pakistan Council (DPC) activists took to the streets, calling for a “holy war” and torching a US flag to condemn the US bounty on Saeed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report