Samjhauta Express engine catches fire in Pakistan
Islamabad: The engine of the India bound Samjhauta Express caught fire in Pakistan`s Lahore district Monday, police said. There were no casualties.
According to Railway DSP Javed Anwar, the incident occurred near Mughalpura station.
Fire brigade personnel detached the engine from the Samjhauta Express, reported Geo News said.
The 312 passengers who were on board the train were safe and a substitute engine has been sent, Anwar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand