Samjhauta Express engine catches fire in Pakistan
Islamabad: The engine of the India bound Samjhauta Express caught fire in Pakistan`s Lahore district Monday, police said. There were no casualties.
According to Railway DSP Javed Anwar, the incident occurred near Mughalpura station.
Fire brigade personnel detached the engine from the Samjhauta Express, reported Geo News said.
The 312 passengers who were on board the train were safe and a substitute engine has been sent, Anwar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH