Samjhauta Express engine catches fire in Pakistan
Islamabad: The engine of the India bound Samjhauta Express caught fire in Pakistan`s Lahore district Monday, police said. There were no casualties.
According to Railway DSP Javed Anwar, the incident occurred near Mughalpura station.
Fire brigade personnel detached the engine from the Samjhauta Express, reported Geo News said.
The 312 passengers who were on board the train were safe and a substitute engine has been sent, Anwar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj