Samjhauta Express engine catches fire in Pakistan
Islamabad: The engine of the India bound Samjhauta Express caught fire in Pakistan`s Lahore district Monday, police said. There were no casualties.
According to Railway DSP Javed Anwar, the incident occurred near Mughalpura station.
Fire brigade personnel detached the engine from the Samjhauta Express, reported Geo News said.
The 312 passengers who were on board the train were safe and a substitute engine has been sent, Anwar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach